Collectorz.com Movie Collector
Video tutorial & screenshots
All comments (1)
Collectorz.com Movie Collector allows you to manage your movie collection. You only have to specify the folder where your movies and TV series are stored; the program will automatically search and add them to its database. Posters and DVD covers, actor details, IMDB ratings, etc.
are also downloaded. You can even view the movie trailers within the program.
Movie Collector can function as a video library management tool. Barcode support allows you to add or loan movies just by scanning the DVD cover. This application can store the list of customers, along with their email IDs, addresses, web-pages, and photos.
When the list of movies gets pretty big, you can use a quick search upon the name of the movie, the actor, etc. You may also create custom filters to separate the collection into short lists; this can be useful for your customers, who need action movies, filmed after 2005, with English subtitles, for example.
This program includes all the tools necessary for managing a video store. It is also a great tool for home users.
- Automatically downloads movie covers, and other details
- Barcode scanning
- Movie trailers can be viewed in the program
- Interface is not very user-friendly
What's new in version 12.9
Version Cobalt.9 build 5 (released on January 27, 2015) :
Manage Pick Lists: deleting several items at once could give an "index out of bounds".
Version Cobalt.9 build 4 (released on January 14, 2015) :
Edit Movie: When using Find Cover screen, the edited values from the screen where not used.
Tools / Maintenance "Reset to Defaults" didn't reset the widths and heights of panels within a layout.
Win+Tab didn't always show the program in Aero Flip3D on Windows Vista/Windows 7.
Version Cobalt.9 build 3 (released on January 08, 2015) :
Manage Pick Lists: Delete "in use" items anyway
It is now possible to delete pick list items that are still in use (#Used > 0),
without having to hunt down all places where the value is used.
Just choose Remove on an item, answer Yes to the "Delete anyway?" question,
and the program will automatically clear this value in all fields where it was in use.
Find Image screen now supports images on HTTPS
The Find Image screen now supports the downloading of images from HTTPS sites.
Nowadays, more and more sites use HTTPS, which was causing more and more
"Image could not be loaded" errors. These are now supported correctly.
(Note that you can still get this error for sites that do not allow direct image downloads.)
Version Cobalt.9 build 2 (released on December 22, 2014) :
Adaptive layout of Edit Movie screen
No more useless grey areas on large computer screens!
The layouts of all tabs in the Edit Movie screen are now adapting to fit the size of the screen.
Edit boxes and drop down list get wider when you make your Edit screen wider.
Checkbox list and multi-value grids get higher (and wider) when increasing the size of your Edit screen.
New List Selector panel in Tools / Manage Pick Lists screen
Tools / Edit Lists is now called Manage Picks Lists.
New list selection panel on the left replaces drop down menu.
New "Favorite Lists" area for your most commonly used lists (defaults to Actors, Directors, Genres and Formats)
Drag and drop to and from Favorite Lists area to create your own Favorites list.
Even more tweaks for the new Person editing tables in Edit Movie
New Edit icons in the 2nd column of the person tables, to go directly to the Edit Person screen.
Fixed: annoying behaviour when editing text in the search box (cursor jumping to the end).
Fixed: the Add button not enabling when pasting something in using the right mouse button Paste menu.
Fixed: Column widths were not remembered properly in some cases.
More consistent Core / Cloud terminology
"Update Movies Automatically" is now called "Update from Core".
"Link Movies" is now called "Link with Core".
"Unlink Movies" is now called "Unlink from Core".
"Upload Cover for Selected Movie" is now called "Upload Cover to CLZ Cloud".
Version Cobalt.9 build 1 (released on December 12, 2014) :
Edit Movie: easily manage First, Last & Sort Names for Cast & Crew
Now manage the First & Last Names (and thus Sort Names) for your Cast & Crew straight from the Edit Movie screen.
No more need to go through Tools / Edit List to control correct actor and director sorting.
The Cast and Crew lists now takes the full width of your Edit Movie screen,
with columns for Display Name, First Name, Last Name, Sort Name and Role/Character.
Directly edit Display, First & Last Names in that list,
and immediately see the Sort Names update with your changes.
New: you can now change the Role of a crew entry after adding it to the list.
New: Change the order by dragging the "drag" icon in the 1st column.
Right click entries to generate First/Last Names from Display Name or vice versa.
Remove entries using the "trash can" icons on each row (in the last column).
Use the big Manage List on the top right, to directly access the full pick list
in the Tools / Edit List screen, with the current person selected.
There is one subtle difference in how these new Cast & Crew list works:
When you make changes by editing in these list, you are actually editing the person items.
So your changes may also affect other movies that use the same items!
(which is quite handy if you're fixing a typo or filling in First and Last Names)
HOWEVER: If you want to change the actor, director, producer, etc..., that is, to a different entry,
then do NOT just edit the name in the table, as this will affect all other movies that use the original entry.
Instead, REMOVE the incorrect person, then ADD the correct one using the search box at the top.
What's new in version 8.0
- Backdrops: When using IE8 AND having backdrop images stored on a UNC
network path, a white background was shown instead of the backdrop image.
- Backdrops: When the backdrop file path contained an apostrophe ('),
the default blue logo background was shown instead of backdrop image.
- Backdrops: In some cases, when using a Quick Search, the hiliting of
the search word caused the backdrop to change into a white background.
- IMDb button was also showing when IMDb number was not filled in.
- IMDb Rating wasn't properly showing 2 digits ("7.0" instead of "7")
- The display of episode level Seen It values is now more subtle,
using a small "eye" image, and only shown when Seen It equals YES.
- Font size of Notes field was too large in several places.
- Episode list nows looks better for TV Series with just titles filled in.
- Update Automatically: "broken" Backdrop and Movie Poster file paths got
cleared instead of updated to a new backdrop/poster image.
- Add/Update Movies: maximum number of musicians to download was ignored
- Search: It wasn't possible to filter on Trailer URLs or Trailer File Links
- Search: Filtering on rating "less than" or "greater than" wasn't working
- Add/Link Movie Files: Field Defaults weren't properly set when adding files as new movies
- Edit Multiple: Cast and Crew tab was showing as empty instead of being hidden
- Now really fixed: Focus problems while adding Cast or Crew members manually.
What's new in version 6.4
Version 6.4 build 1 (September 18, 2009)
Export to Clz Movies for iPhone / iPod Touch:
- Support for Clz Movies 1.1
- New "Update" option, for exporting updates only
(as opposed to exporting the entire database every time)
- New "Intended Changes" screen for viewing and selecting updates.
- Extra exported data:
- Storage Device and Slot
- Episode list
- Connect Syncing: '[<<ignorevalue>>]' appearing in Sort Title field
- Add/Update automatically: Region details weren't downloaded correctly
- Updated Czech language support, thanks Marek Hron!
- Updated Hungarian language support, thanks Cedomir Doresic!
- Updated German language support, thanks Klaus Elsbernd!
Catalog your DVDs and Blu-Ray Discs in no time at all. Just enter titles or scan barcodes for automatic cast, crew & cover art.